Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 2: NaPoWriMo--writing as a lost item

NaPoWriMo Prompt from the State College of Florida - Write from the perspective of a lost item...




Beat It Heart She Said

It was supposed to be golden.
You know?
But she kept looking at the shadows.
The moon.
Stars. Fallen and forgotten.
The full moons reflection on the rolling sea was fair game.
She liked a wild ride.
When I say wild ride, I mean as close to edge as a razor might allow
A mule screaming down the Grand Canyon
A parrot reading back from a Spanish Soap opera
she was all those things wanting the drama
unmistakably insane intellect
the heightened sense of Happy Hour
the barstool's tall stare
the push up hard against the wall so hard teeth hit together in a clink of a darker wine.
She wanted that.
So I went along.
I'm not a tuning fork. I'm a heart.
I go go go
for as it is said..
"If you follow your heart, it doesn't matter where you end up."
Where she ended up was almost like an exorcism.
A faltering of vision
A blood filled fake diamond.
Down. Down. Down.
I fell as she marched away not looking back.
With a splat.
A fat mess of unfulfilled things wrapped around caught bouqueted platitudes.
Something blue.
It wasn't her.
She didn't look back.



No comments:

Post a Comment